What is LANSCA?
Los Angeles and Nagoya Sister City Affiliation was born as a part of President Eisenhower’s Citizens’ international Exchange Program in 1959, creating a sister city relationship between the cities of Los Angeles and Nagoya.
The primary goal of the sister city program is to foster mutual understanding between the people of Los Angeles and Nagoya through people-to-people exchange activities.
Event Planning Committee
LANSCA’s Event Planning Committee organizes and carries out various theme events such as culture, business and tourism.
LANSCA EVENT NEWS
[May 14, 2022]
LANSCA Spring Luncheon 2022 on May 14
LANSCA had their first in person luncheon since the start of the pandemic at Ise Shima in Torrance.
Thank you to all who participated.
*Click image to “LANSCA Spring Luncheon 2022” page.
Paintings by Students in Nagoya 2021
Art Program Committee
Please enjoy about 50 painting drawn by students in Nagoya (In no particular order).
*Click image to all art work collection page.
[December 1, 2020]
Foreign Minister’s Commendation Honoring Teruko Weinberg, the Chair of LANSCA.
On December 1, 2020, (Japan Standard Time), the Government of Japan announced the recipients of its 2020 Foreign Minister’s Commendations. From the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles, Ms. Teruko Weinberg, President of Teruko Weinberg, Inc. and Los Angeles Nagoya Sister City Affiliation Chairperson, was awarded.
The Foreign Minister’s Commendations are awarded to individuals and groups of outstanding achievements in international fields, to acknowledge their contribution to the promotion of friendship between Japan and other countries. The Commendation also aims to promote the understanding and support of the Japanese public for their activities.
Read more….Please click the link.
Foreign Minister’s Commendation Honoring Ms. Teruko Weinberg
EVENT & PRESS
- LANSCA Spring Luncheon 2022 on May 14LANSCA had their first in person luncheon since the […]
- Paintings by Students in Nagoya 2021— Art Program Committee — Please enjoy about 50 […]
- Weinberg Receives Foreign Minister’s CommendationThe Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles held a […]
- ‘Mr. Los Angeles’ Tom LaBonge Passes at 67Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Tom LaBonge, who […]
- Nagoya Festival 2020Nagoya Festival 2020 was cancelled due to COVID-19. […]
- NEW YEAR’S LUNCHEON 2020On Saturday, February 8, 2020, LANSCA formally […]
- LANSCA 60th Anniversary Special Events -Night-[October 26, 2019] VIP Reception and Dinner At Del […]
- LANSCA 60th Anniversary Special Events[October 26, 2019] Nagoya Day and Explore Central […]