What is LANSCA?
Los Angeles and Nagoya Sister City Affiliation was born as a part of President Eisenhower’s Citizens’ international Exchange Program in 1959, creating a sister city relationship between the cities of Los Angeles and Nagoya.
The primary goal of the sister city program is to foster mutual understanding between the people of Los Angeles and Nagoya through people-to-people exchange activities.
Event Planning Committee
LANSCA’s Event Planning Committee organizes and carries out various theme events such as culture, business and tourism.
LANSCA EVENT NEWS 2020
[December 1, 2020]
Foreign Minister’s Commendation Honoring Teruko Weinberg, the Chair of LANSCA.
On December 1, 2020, (Japan Standard Time), the Government of Japan announced the recipients of its 2020 Foreign Minister’s Commendations. From the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles, Ms. Teruko Weinberg, President of Teruko Weinberg, Inc. and Los Angeles Nagoya Sister City Affiliation Chairperson, was awarded.
The Foreign Minister’s Commendations are awarded to individuals and groups of outstanding achievements in international fields, to acknowledge their contribution to the promotion of friendship between Japan and other countries. The Commendation also aims to promote the understanding and support of the Japanese public for their activities.
Read more….Please click the link.
Foreign Minister’s Commendation Honoring Ms. Teruko Weinberg
Nagoya Festival 2020 was cancelled due to COVID-19. LANSCA looks forward to the festival 2021!
2019 Nagoya Festival.
[February 8, 2020]
LANSCA NEW YEAR’S LUNCHEON 2020
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, LANSCA formally welcomed in the Year of the Rat at a luncheon held at the restaurant Azay in Little Tokyo. Opened last year, Azay is the home of Chef Akira Hirose, formerly of Maison Akira in Pasadena. Chef Akira has prepared his signature dishes for two LANSCA events: the August 10, 2014 Nagoya Day at the Grove and the March 25, 2019 Explore Nagoya 2019 event at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills. For this New Year’s luncheon, Chef Akira let LANSCA have the entire restaurant for its event.
EVENT & PRESS
- Weinberg Receives Foreign Minister’s CommendationThe Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles held a […]
- ‘Mr. Los Angeles’ Tom LaBonge Passes at 67Former Los Angeles City Councilmember Tom LaBonge, who […]
- Nagoya Festival 2020Nagoya Festival 2020 was cancelled due to COVID-19. […]
- NEW YEAR’S LUNCHEON 2020On Saturday, February 8, 2020, LANSCA formally […]
- LANSCA 60th Anniversary Special Events -Night-[October 26, 2019] VIP Reception and Dinner At Del […]
- LANSCA 60th Anniversary Special Events[October 26, 2019] Nagoya Day and Explore Central […]
- “CELEBRATING 60 YEARS OF L.A.-NAGOYA FRIENDSHIP-” RAFU SHIMPOIn 1959, Los Angeles Nagoya Sister City Affiliation […]
- ”Aiko, Sixteen” LANSCA 60th Anniversary Screening[8/17/2019] On August 17th, as part of Japan Film […]
- LANSCA 60th Anniversary ScreeningAugust 17, 2019 LANSCA 60th Anniversary Screening Aiko […]
- [Upcoming Event] NAGOYA DAY 2019NAGOYA DAY 2019 -EXPLORE NAGOYA AND CENTRAL JAPAN- […]